Hello!!!
TO MOUM: The internet here is weird and will not let me access my e-mail. You can ask Danny for help to use his facebook and send me a message to my inbox if you want. Thank you for telling me about the pictures....but I wont need them for a while because guess what? We're quarantined! And there's nothing to take pictures of!
DAY 4:
I woke up to the phone ringing at 7am and it was Stacy (one of the Chinese people) saying that our plans were CANCELED for the day. Originally we were going to go to the Summer Palace. But 8 kids (4 American, 4 British) got the flu and were sent to the hospital to be tested for swine flu. There are about 500 kids in the program and 122 of them were sent to a hotel (i'm kind of jealous) to be quarantined because they were in direct contact with the sick kids. The rest of us are semi-quarantined here at the campus. We're allowed to go on the computer though, and there are a lot of classes we can take. So I got ready and ate breakfast (I'm getting used to the food by now) and I sorta hung out with Chelsea and then I took a Chinese painting class. I painted bamboo and it's kind of bad but whatever.. They have a cool style of painting. Sooo then I came here. That's it. It's only 11:15AM and they're going to have lunch soon. After that we're rehersing our songs in chinese about tigers and friends that we have to perform tonight. Tonight I probably wont be able to write again because we're having a welcome ceremony thing where we have to sing. Then the next day we fly to the Shandong Province where we will take classes and have host families. So I'll tell you how that goes. I found out today that at the host family's house, we're going to learn to make dumplings! Yay!
Love,
Stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yaaaay quarantine!!! everyone in australia has swine flu. it's like the new "in" thing.
ReplyDeletei went to a fish market today and i FELT like i was in china because there were so many asian people around me. and dead fish. i don't know why i associate dead fish with asia. oh well.